We offer actively managed public and private markets solutions to investors across the globe and, in Hermes EOS, have one of the world’s largest stewardship resources.
Our public markets capabilities include:
Our private markets expertise includes:
Our heritage as investment manager of the BT Pension Scheme, one of the UK’s largest corporate pension schemes, provides us with deep insight into the needs of long-term investors. For all of our clients, our goal is to deliver:
- Strong long term investment performance through market cycles
- Access to rare opportunities that investors would be unlikely to find elsewhere, such as unique private equity deals and prestigious infrastructure investments
- Stewardship of all assets that we manage
Integrating stewardship into our investment strategies
We believe that we have a duty that extends beyond achieving financial outcomes: that we must act as stewards of the investments we manage and advise. We established Hermes EOS, one of the world’s largest stewardship teams, in 2004. Today Hermes EOS advises on £261.2 billion1 and counts some of the world’s leading pension funds as clients.
We do this because we believe it is right for investors and right for society. We believe better governed companies deliver better returns and create a better society in which investors live. We are involved in many of the world’s leading stewardship organisations and advocate investors' interests in public policy debates.
Putting our clients first
Our specialist investment teams are supported by a robust and transparent risk framework that is overseen by our independent Investment Office. The Investment Office, which reports directly to our Chief Executive, is responsible for:
- Ensuring managers always act in our clients’ interests
- Providing independent performance and risk oversight
- Monitoring liquidity and determining strategy capacity levels
- 1 As as 31 December 2016