Objective: aiming to achieve long-term capital appreciation through a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related securities with an emerging markets bias quoted or traded on Regulated Markets worldwide
"Emerging markets are establishing sustainable growth rather than the old model of cheap labour, cheap land, pollute as much as you want. Now is the time for them to find their niche in the global supply chain.."
Why Hermes Global Emerging Markets?
- From top to bottom: bottom-up analysis finds quality companies trading at attractive valuations. This is integrated into a top-down framework that identifies positive conditions for growth.
- Quality and safety: buying quality companies at a discount gives a margin of safety.
- Truly active management: a concentrated portfolio with a high active share, invested long term.
- Experience and rigour: manager Gary Greenberg has three decades of investment experience.
- Integrated ESG: environmental, social and governance factors are integrated into our analysis.
- Size: flexibility to invest across the market capitalisation spectrum.
Structural changes in the world economy are transforming emerging markets. We look to invest in the winners that emerge as efficient and sustainable businesses.
Risk is assessed at a stock, sector and country level. The team also considers ESG elements as part of their assessment of risk. This analysis is supported by Hermes EOS, our in-house engagement service. The investment team’s analysis of risk and opportunities feeds into their allocation decisions, which are focused on risk-adjusted returns.
2016 Institutional Investor European money management awards: Emerging Markets Equity
Targets cannot be guaranteed.