Hermes appoints Director of Business Development for Italy.
Hermes Investment Management, the £29.8 billion manager focused on delivering superior, sustainable, risk adjusted returns to its clients – responsibly, has today announced the appointment of Angelo Natale as Director, Business Development, Italy, in a move which demonstrates Hermes’ continuing commitment to growth in Europe. Based in London, Angelo will report directly into Paul Voûte, Head of European Business Development.
In this newly created role, Angelo will be responsible for building a client franchise across institutional and wholesale investors in the Italian market. He will oversee the Firm’s regional development, asset raising targets and work with colleagues to build local awareness of the Hermes’ offering and brand recognition. His appointment coincides with the recent registration of Hermes’ UCITS fund range in Italy.
Angelo joins from Duemme SGR SpA, the asset management arm of Gruppo Banca Esperia where he was Senior Director, Business Development. Previously, he was Group Investor Relations Officer at Kairos Investment Management Limited, responsible for institutional client relationships with a broad array of international investors and investment consultants. Angelo’s experience spans over a 20 year career in capital markets and asset management, having also worked for Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers in New York and London.
Paul Voûte, Head of European Business Development, Hermes Investment Management, said: “Over the past three years, Hermes has dramatically expanded third-party assets with over half of new clients coming from Europe. Italy is a core European market, important in the next stage of our growth strategy in the region. Angelo’s wealth of experience will help us deliver on this strategy.”
Notes to Editors:
Hermes Investment Management
Hermes is focused on delivering superior, sustainable, risk adjusted returns for our clients – responsibly.
Hermes manages assets on behalf of more than 200 clients* across equities, fixed income, alternatives and real estate, with £29.8 billion* assets under management. In Hermes EOS, we have the industry’s leading engagement resource, advising on more than £115.7 billion* of assets.
We believe in Excellence, Responsibility and Innovation
- Excellence: We aspire to excellence in everything we do. This manifests itself most visibly in our investment performance. We will only offer products to our clients where we believe there is a strong investment thesis and where we can deliver sustainable alpha.
- Responsibility: We believe it is our responsibility to lead discussion and debate about the fiduciary responsibilities of fund managers to our clients, their stakeholders and, ultimately, society at large. We have always sought positive engagement with the firms in which we invest.
- Innovation: We have the entrepreneurial culture to identify forward-looking products that meet those needs, along with the resources and speed-to-market mentality to develop them rapidly.
Our structure gives clients globally the benefit of access to a broad range of specialist, high conviction investment teams operating within an established and robust operating platform.
Hermes' investment solutions include:
- Private markets - International real estate, pooled funds, segregated mandates, UK commercial real estate, UK commercial real estate debt, UK private rental sector real estate, infrastructure and
- High active share equities - Asia, global emerging markets, Europe, global, and small and mid cap
- Specialist fixed income - Absolute return credit, global high yield bonds, multi strategy credit, UK government bonds, and UK and global inflation-linked bonds
- Multi asset - Multi asset inflation
- Responsible investment services - Corporate engagement, intelligent voting and public policy engagement
*Please note the total AuM figure includes £3.7bn of assets managed or under an advisory agreement by Hermes GPE LLP (“HGPE”), a joint venture between Hermes Fund Managers Limited ("HFM") and GPE Partner Limited. HGPE is an independent entity and not part of the Hermes group. £0.2bn of total group AuM figure represents HFM mandates under advice. Source: Hermes as at 30 June 2015 with exception of four portfolios totalling £0.8bn/€1.1bn/US$1.2bn/A$1.6bn dated as at 31 May 2015.
Head of Corporate Communicationsjeannie.email@example.com +44 (0)20 7680 2152 +44 (0)7841 324061Jeannie Dumas
Head of Corporate Communications
Corporate Communications Managermelanie.firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7680 2218 + 44 (0)7767 162 317Melanie Bradley
Corporate Communications Manager
Assistant Manager, Corporate Communicationskatie.email@example.com +44 (0)20 7680 2315 +44 (0) 7553 385 276Katie Sunderland
Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications