This research reinforces our 2014 report, which found that environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) investing provides more than a feel-good factor: it can also be good for portfolio performance.
Today, both retail and institutional investors across the globe are broadening their understanding of fiduciary duty to include responsible investing. And rather than viewing their ESG efforts as a worthy sacrifice of returns, investors can now see – backed up by a growing body of research – that a principled approach to investing can enhance portfolio performance.
Economic outlook When the solution becomes a problem...
Hermes Credit: Outlook for Credit
Related Global Equity posts
- Hermes Global Equity ESG: Process
- Five defensive stocks to thrive amid ongoing volatility
- Hermes Global Equity ESG: Philosophy
- A time-tested defence against volatility
- ESG Investing: it still makes you feel good, it still makes you money
- OMV: generating positive energy
- ESG exclusions: a behind-the-screen analysis
- Looking into 2017 with Hermes Investment Management
- Morningstar Series “Why Should I Invest With You?
- Through boom and doom, consistency is at our core
- Global Equities Outlook 2017