The Vista UK Residential Real Estate Strategy is managed by the unique and experienced partnership of Hermes and Countrywide PLC, who are ideally placed to provide rare access to the untapped opportunities in the UK private rental sector.
As more institutional investors are being drawn to the strong, uncorrelated returns available from UK residential real estate, this fund aims to provide access to private rented sector investment in Greater London and growing regional UK towns and cities that are expected to offer value and growth potential.
The complement of Countrywide's property management skills and resources with Hermes expertise in managing real estate investments facilitates the acquisition and responsible delivery of modern, purpose-built housing through clear property investment principles.
Objective: to offer a robust approach to capturing the strong and uncorrelated returns that UK residential property can consistently deliver
Why Vista UK Residential Real Estate strategy?
- Rare access: providing the scale, expertise and resources to allocate to an attractive but previously inaccessible market – the UK private rented sector.
- Strong, uncorrelated returns: residential property has outperformed all UK real estate sectors for more than a decade while exhibiting low correlations.
- Strategic partnership: with a shared focus, Hermes and Countrywide plc bring deal-sourcing capabilities, investment expertise and administrative scale.
- National scope: investing across the UK while applying tested responsible property investment principles and setting fair rents.
- Solid foundations: rising demand, constrained supply and political support for greater PRS investment support the market.
Hermes and Countrywide plc combine the skills and resources to identify, acquire and manage assets that meet the fund’s return objectives and deliver modern purpose-built PRS housing. As fund manager, Hermes assesses each opportunity: its price, ability to attract tenants and generate strong net income yields, and its contribution to a balanced portfolio.
Key considerations include diversification of assets across the UK, a balance of income-producing and growth assets and appropriate development risk. Hermes applies tested principles of responsible property management to increase the investment returns and environmental efficiency of real estate assets, and ensuring they positively impact local communities.