Customers of financial institutions and members of the public can be prone to attempts by fraudsters purporting to work for legitimate organisations offering services to fraudulently gain access to their funds. There are many ways in which you could be contacted such as email, post, or cold calls, but the methods are constantly evolving so it is important that you are aware of the types of fraud people are becoming victim to so that you are better able to protect yourself.
Please note that the following firms are not employed by, an agent of or otherwise a representative of Federated Hermes.
If you receive an unexpected communication from an individual purporting to act on behalf of ‘Federated Hermes’, ‘Hermes’, or any of its group entities, please exercise caution. Do not share information or send any money until you have confirmed the communication is legitimate and from an appropriately authorised or regulated firm.
Hermes Investment Limited
We have identified a fraudulent website. Please note that the firm Hermes Investment Limited is not employed by, an agent of or otherwise a representative of Federated Hermes.
Please note that the firm Hermes Gestion is not employed by, an agent of or otherwise a representative of Federated Hermes.
There has been a rise in incidents where firms have misused the Federated Hermes name to attempt to imply legitimacy to their own activities. This could be through the following methods:
- offering an attractive investment opportunity;
- the setting up of websites using plausible domain names and brands and content clones from legitimate firms;
- the sending of emails which looks like they have come from the authorised firm or its employees;
- suggesting that the firm is affiliated to a legitimate firm.
Report a scam
If you believe you have been contacted by someone impersonating Federated Hermes, we suggest you:
- Cease contact with the criminals
- If you have sent them any funds, contact your bank immediately
- Report to your local police
- Report to Action Fraud on actionfraud.police.uk or 0300 123 2040
- Report to the FCA on www.fca.org.uk
If you are concerned about any potential fraud in connection to Federated Hermes, please contact us directly.