- As well as the usual performance and carbon footprint data, this latest report from the Climate Change High Yield team takes a close look at how the Carbon Disclosure Project (CPD) has helped increase the accountability of companies around the world as they report on sustainability.
- Elsewhere, we provide an overview of how our teams have engaged with portfolio companies in two key sectors.
- The pulp and paper sector is ahead of other basic industries on decarbonisation, including its relatively high use of renewable energy and recycled by-products in its production processes. Even so, it generates roughly 1.3% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- The utilities sector accounts for almost a third of world greenhouse gas emissions through
- Electricity and heat production. The decarbonisation of the utilities sector will, therefore, be a key determinant of achieving the Paris Agreements goal of a 1.5°C scenario by 2100.
Other highlights include:
- Engagement case studies featuring power generator Calpine, utility firm Orsted, pulp and paper manufacturer Sappi and packaging businesses Smurfit Kappa.