Active expertise across the investment spectrum
We offer investment capabilities in public and private markets, with a focus on responsible investing.
- Active equities: characterised by proprietary fundamental, environmental, social and governance (ESG) and engagement research.
- Fixed income: value-seeking approach based on fundamental analysis, a macro perspective and rigorous security selection for diversified, risk-managed portfolios.
- Liquidity: solutions driven by four decades of experience.
- Private markets: real estate, infrastructure, private equity and debt.
- Stewardship: corporate engagement, proxy voting, policy advocacy. Our pioneering stewardship service, EOS at Federated Hermes (EOS), is key to our offering.
among asset managers for ESG integration*
PRI rating for stewardship, equity and private markets operations
Source: Federated Hermes as at 31 December 2022. Please note the total AUM figure includes US$48.4bn managed by Federated Hermes Limited, of which US$8.2bn of assets are managed or under an advisory agreement by Hermes GPE LLP (“Hermes GPE”). US$89.6m of total group AUM figure represents Federated Hermes Limited mandates under advice. *SCOPE Fund Analysis, 4 July 2022. SCOPE analysed information from 30 large international fund managers, taking into account 58 topics covering areas such as investment processes and corporate governance as well as stewardship efforts to encourage portfolio companies to act more sustainably.
Seeking outperformance with positive outcomes, we aim to deliver Sustainable Wealth Creation that enriches investors, society and the environment.
Our $1.3tn in stewardship assets under advice, ground-breaking work in ESG integration across asset classes and a key role in developing the original Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) illustrate our long-standing commitment and influence.
Our story as a leading responsible investor has been decades in the making.
Becoming Federated Hermes
In February 2020, Federated Investors, Inc. and Hermes Investment Management formally announced the rebranding of the two companies into Federated Hermes Inc., strengthening our position as a global leader in active, responsible investment.
Since Federated acquired Hermes, we have been united by a shared commitment to client-centric responsible investment and long-term business growth. Today, we provide specialized capabilities across a wide range of asset classes to investors around the world, guided by our conviction that responsible investing is the best way to create wealth over the long term.
- Best Fund Provider - Asia Pacific Equity: Federated Hermes Asia ex-Japan Fund
- Best Fund Provider - ESG/Sustainable Bond: Federated Hermes SDG Engagement High Yield Credit Fund
- Best New Fund – Equity: Federated Hermes Biodiversity Equity Fund
Annual Report & Financial Statements
For our Policies and disclosures